Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Soundtrack of my life - according to the Shuffle Meme

This one's brought to you courtesy of Michele, I saw this and just had to fire up iTunes to see what it would say about me :

Instructions:

1. Open your music library (iTunes, winamp, media player, iPod, whatever)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question below, type the song that’s playing
5. New question — press the next button
6. Don’t lie and try to pretend you’re cool

Here goes ! I'm cheating a little with steps 2 to 5 though because I'm taking them from what iTunes Party Shuffle has lined up for me. But I usually listen to my music via Party Shuffle anyway ... As per tradition, Youtube links provided where I could find then :-)

Opening Credits : "This Man's Too Strong" - Dire Straits

First Day At School : "Stairway to Heaven" - Led Zeppelin

Falling In Love : "Sex Crime (1984)" - Eurythmics (no kidding !)

Breaking Up : "Little Earthquakes" - Tori Amos

Prom : "World Where You Live" - Crowded House

Life's Okay : "The Dreaming" - Kate Bush

Mental Breakdown : "Heaven" - Talking Heads (ok - that's a little weird)

Driving : "Dreams" - Fleetwood Mac (if you see a silver Focus with a dreamy driver - be afraid)

Flashback : "Yet Another Movie" - Pink Floyd (lol!)

Getting Back Together : "Vow" - Garbage (some of these are freaky!)

Wedding : "Tubular Bells" - Mike Oldfield

Divorce : "Storm The Palace" - Catatonia

Current Mood : "The Gift" - INXS (not sure about the whole flames & explosions thing from the video and how it reflects on "current mood" ...)

Final Battle : "Whistling In The Dark" - They Might Be Giants

Death Scene : "A Pillow Of Winds" - Pink Floyd

End Credits : "Storms In Africa" - Enya
(could have been "Never Enough" by Alisha's Attic, cos that's the one that would come after Storms In Africa)

If you join in on these one, drop us a line - but please also let Michele know too ;-) (link up top)

6 comments:

  1. I doubt anyone would recognize what's on my media player. Bizarre music indeed!

    Love the variety in yours, though...sounds like a sonic party lurks in your ears!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to listen to albums off cds ... But that meant I tended to listen to the same things over and over again. Got kinda boring ...

    I think I prefer the iTunes Party Shuffle method :-) It gives me good variation in what I'm listening to, plus the app lets me have an influence on what's coming up next, unlike a normal Shuffle button.

    And with almost 1500 tracks covering 4.2 days of music, there's almost always something I've not listened to for ages :-) That's 121 albums, all of which are cds I've imported in.

    One slightly downer is that classical doesn't really work on the laptop, which might change when I acquire one of those Airport Express widgets ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of these were very freaky! LoL! A very eclectic mix :)

    Thanks for the tip off about the nebuliser. I hope not to need it if these meds work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must be a whole lot younger than I am, because I am not familiar with any of these! Michele told me to come and see the list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol - even the Led Zep, Fleetwood Mac and Pink Floyd ? :-)

    Dreams by Fleetwood Mac is one of the tracks from their Rumours album. Yet Another Movie is from Pink Floyd's relatively recent "A Momentary Lapse Of Reason" (80s Floyd) while "A Pillow Of Winds" is from their album Meddle, which was the one before Dark Side Of The Moon.

    PS When I walk into HMV and Virgin Music, I barely know any of the artists on display now ... And I'm 33 !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey….nice post dude!!

    Awesome, No more words to explain :) :) :D just…….cool blog.


    waiting for next.
    Thanks

    ----

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.